Below is a list of the world’s industrial robot manufacturing companies, let’s guess with IDEA which is the leading country!
Company No. 1: Yaskawa (Japan)
- Japanese electromechanical company.
- Strong in welding and assembly robots in the automotive industry.
- Total number of Robots sold: more than 300,000 products (more than 20,000 hands are shipped each year).
- Sales: 150 billion yen.
- In recent years, Yaskawa’s hands have appeared quite a lot in the Vietnamese market. Currently,
- they have companies and representative offices in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Bac Ninh.
- Website: http://yaskawavn.com/
Company No. 2: ABB (Switzerland)
- Multi-industry corporation (energy, heavy industry, electromechanical…)
- Has more than 40 years of experience in the robotics industry. Mainly supplying Robots in the automotive industry. Main customers such as BMW, Volkswagen…
- Total number of Robots sold: 300,000 products
- Sales: 35 billion USD
- This brand is no stranger to the industrial production world of Vietnam. Vinfast automobile factory in Hai Phong employs more than 1,200 ABB’s mechanics. Currently, ABB has a representative office in Vietnam.
- Website: https://new.abb.com/vn/about/abb-in-vietnam
Company No. 3: FANUC (Japan)
- This company is famous in the field of Robots and Automatic Control Systems (More than 50% of CNC machine control systems use FANUC systems).
- Strong in automotive, aviation, space related industries.
- Total number of Robots sold: 250,000 products.
- Sales: 620 billion yen.
- Referring to Fanuc, Vietnamese technicians often think of CNC machines and operating systems of the same name. However, this company’s robot arm is quite popular in the world, but in Vietnam, Fanuc’s manipulator appears quite limited.
- Website: https://www.fanuc.com/
Company No. 4: Kuka (Germany – China)
- Robot company based in Germany.
- Started making Robots since 1973 for the automotive, chemical and metallurgical industries. Due to the decline of the Automatic Robot market in 2016, Kuka was acquired by Midea Corporation (China).
- Total number of Robots sold: 250,000 VND
- Sales: 2,900,000,000 EURO
- Although already in the hands of the Chinese, KuKa’s products still have their own German qualities in each product. Currently, Kuka is no less than ABB, has been investing a lot in R&D to create new, innovative products with leading-edge capabilities.
- Website: https://www.kuka.com/
Company No. 5: Kawasaki (Japan)
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, a company that manufactures everything from airplanes, rockets, trains, ships to motorcycles; and manufacturing industrial robots too.
- Over 45 years of experience in manufacturing industrial robots.
- Total amount of Robots sold: 120,000
- Although the achievement is quite impressive, in Vietnam, we see very few products of this company appear.
- Website: https://robotics.kawasaki.com/
Company No. 6: Nachi-Fujikoshi (Japan)
- One of the pioneers in the field of Robots, started manufacturing Robots in 1969.
Leading in the field of Robotics for automobile manufacturing and metallurgy.
- Website: https://www.nachi-fujikoshi.co.jp/eng/rob/index.html
Company No. 7: Epson (Japan)
- Epson is not only a company that makes printers and watches (Seiko Epson is a joint company) but also makes Industrial Robots.
- Epson’s robotics field originates from the automation of watch production lines. Very strong in the field of small size, super precision and high speed robot.
- Total amount of Robots sold: 45,000 VND
- Website: https://epson.com/industrial-robots-factory-automation
Company No. 8: Stäubli (Switzerland)
- Stäubli is a Swiss Machine-Building Company, engaged in the robotics industry since 1982.
The company itself has strengths in the textile machinery and yarn industry, so the robots serving this industry are very strong.
- Especially 4, 6 axis Robots.
- Website: https://www.staubli.com/en/robotics/
Company No. 9: Comau (Italy)
- Multinational company with headquarters located in Italy. Specializing in Robots in the field of joint welding (laser welding..)
- Total number of Robots sold: 32,000
- Website: https://www.comau.com/
Company No. 10: Omron (Japan) formerly Adept Technology Inc (USA)
- Established in 1983 in California.
- Having strengths in the field of Robots based on image recognition technology.
In 2015 was acquired by Omron (Japan).
- Total amount of Robots sold: 30,000 VND.
- Sales: 54,000,000 USD
- Website: https://web.omron-ap.com/hq/collaborativerobot-overview/
We can see that the companies mentioned above all have a long history of development, and have a team of highly qualified personnel, of which 6 are Japanese. For the Vietnamese market, there are very few companies that dare to work in this field, due to the high requirements of professional qualifications, large research costs, difficulty in competing with the companies mentioned above,… But among them, IDEAGROUP is a pioneer enterprise, the first of Vietnam that has exported industrial robots to Japan, although the quantity is still modest, this is a positive start for the Vietnamese robot brand.
Accordingly, robots and new technologies will have a great impact on the industrial sector, will transform the global manufacturing industry and be the top concern in Vietnam. The flexibility of automated robots allows them to be applied in many jobs such as automotive, mechanical, electronics, textiles, footwear, agricultural product processing, food, etc.
If you are in need of an industrial robotic arm, please contact IDEA immediately.
IDEAGROUP products are proud of Japanese quality.