- The distance from the aluminum casting area to the finished product area is very far.
- The workshop area is limited, equipment such as conveyors cannot be installed.
Solution: use AGV self-propelled vehicle to transport products from aluminum casting area.
- All processes include transportation, so the number of workers involved in such transportation is high.
- A large company has many separate factories, the processes are not seamless, there is no information exchange between them.
Solution: Use a system that includes many AGVs involved in the transportation.
- The production lines change constantly.
- The aisle area in the warehouse is small, not suitable for using forklifts.
Solution: Integrate AGV into an automated system to save space, use AGV with SLAM method to be able to change the production line constantly.
- The workers take a lot of time to move and transport goods in the warehouse.
- Some products need to be transported from the top, which is difficult to pick up and transport.
Solution: Improve, shorten the time to transport goods in the factory.
- Products that are too heavy to be placed on pallets, require the use of specialized forklifts.
- Pallets in the factory are left disordered.
Solution: Use a pallet transporting AGV with a large load that can carry heavy goods.
- Employ a large number of workers in the material feeding areas at the conveyor.
- Labor costs increase.
Solution: Use AGV to provide raw materials for production.
Reference at: https://agv.meidensha.co.jp/introduction/index.html